Monday, February 15, 2010

Mid-Winter Resolutions Progress

Today I read a Michael Nobbs post about doing a little at a time to reach your goals and making sure you recognize what you have accomplished. It inspired me to take a look back at my blog post “More to me than sports?!?” to see how I've been progressing.
My “mid-February resolutions” should really have been “mid-winter” resolutions because I’m not going to get them all done this month. To be honest, I won’t get them all done ever, but you get the idea.

Here is a look at my list and my progress so far:
take more photos-I posted a few today to my twitpic account
learn to use GarageBand better-I still have a ways to go, but I did use GarageBand for the background music for my “Boston Red Sox Truck Day 2010” video
add new music to my iTunes library-does the “Free Single of the Week” count?
learn to draw-I’m still light-years away from checking this one off, but I did draw this:

Ok, I traced the B, but I colored it and wrote the names!
read more books-I’m making progress in Blogging for Dummies by Susannah Gardner and Grace for the Moment by Max Lucado
learn how to make a new recipe-I haven’t done anything with this one
play my violin more often-Or this one
learn a new chord on the guitar-Or this one (Apparently, I also need to add spelling to the list because I originally spelled "chord" without the h!)
write a short story-I have outlined a few ideas, but have not made much progress on this one either
spend more time in the Word-I have this week off, so this one has been easier. The real question is: will I keep it up?

On a more positive note, I have done a few things that weren’t on the list. I wrote a short poem (coming on Wednesday) and I have started another video (coming by the end of the week). And I am 5/8 of the way through a major bedroom cleaning.


I hope to keep plugging away at my list. As always, I appreciate any tips or suggestions you have!

No comments:

Post a Comment