Monday, February 8, 2010

More to me than sports?!?

After the Super Bowl I had this thought: What will I do until March Madness starts? I know that there is still regular season professional basketball, but I don’t get to see many Boston Celtics games where I live, plus they always seem to lose when I do get to watch! Spring Training is cool, but not all that exciting since the games don’t mean anything and everyone is still getting into the swing of things - pun intended!

Then it hit me: How sad is it that I spend my life going from spectator sport to spectator sport? I have other interests. I’ve been lazy and haven’t been pursuing them. Now is as good a time as any to begin, right?

I can't accomplish them all, but here are a few of my “mid-winter” resolutions:
  • take more photos
  • learn to use GarageBand better
  • add new music to my iTunes library
  • learn to draw
  • read more books
  • learn how to make a new recipe
  • play my violin more often
  • learn a new cord on the guitar
  • write a short story
  • spend more time in the Word

But I can’t do it alone. I need your help! Recommend a book to read or a song to download. Let me know what websites have encouraged you with your art. Most of all, keep inspiring me with your pictures, blogs, and links!

No comments:

Post a Comment