Saturday, February 13, 2010

My Good Day

Yesterday was an abnormally good day. I’m not a cynic, but I am a little worried that a bad day is waiting for me to balance things out!

I might complain about Valentine’s Day being a made-up “holiday,” but I wasn’t complaining yesterday as people were dropping off cookies, brownies, and cupcakes on my desk. Bring on the sweets! Because a coworker was on vacation this week, I had a few more tasks to complete. Yesterday marked the end of this hectic week. And as an added bonus, I have next week off!


While Valentine’s Day may be made-up, Truck Day is a real holiday. At least for Red Sox fans, it is. (I even made a video about it.) When the equipment trucks pulled away from Fenway Park to head to Fort Myers, it marked the unofficial start to Spring Training. Now it feels like the season is just around the corner. Opening Night is only 50 days away!


When I get home from work everyday, I run to the mailbox. Yesterday, I finally saw the object of my desire: Red Sox tickets! Is there any better sight than an envelope with a return address of “Boston, MA 02215”? I also can’t help but think it’s a great sign that my tickets came on Truck Day. Bring on the 2010 season!


By far, the best part of yesterday was good health news for my mother. Praise the Lord! When things happen that threaten your loved ones, you realize what matters.

I’m hoping that I’ll enjoy a few more good days like yesterday, but I know that no matter what comes, I must have faith.

“Wherefore, if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is cast into the oven, shall He not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?” Matthew 6:30

No comments:

Post a Comment